Sunday, March 29, 2009

What can you do during earth hour?

Earth hour is on tomorrow night and I was wondering what we actually should/shouldn't be doing? For example, are we just meant to turn off lights, which means we're allowed to watch TV or are we meant abstain from using all electricity during the hour?



I'm using it as the perfect excuse to have a nice candlelit dinner:-)





The idea is to abstain from using all non-essential appliances. Best not to watch TV, but you can keep the refrigerator on. The great thing about an hour like this is that you can let your imagination go wild. Get a few people together and tell horror stories, perhaps get out a deck of cards, or consider going outside and looking up at the stars - the night sky is so much more beautiful when the lights are out.





The hour is yours to do what you like with - so be creative and have as much fun with it as you can.




The point of Earth Hour is NOT to save electricity. How can one solitary hour, when a few people turn off their lights in a handful of cities around the world, make any real difference to the planet?





Earth Hour is a token period meant for publicity. It is meant to remind us to save electricity in our everyday lives wherever we can, every day of the year. Even if you sit there with all your lights blazing and start saving power the next day, it has achieved its objective.





For the record, our Earth Hour was last night and my daughter and I watched Sydney Harbour go dark(ish) on TV, then we took the dogs for a walk. And a lot of homes still had their lights on. I estimate that about 50 per cent of people don't believe in human-assisted climate change, or don't care.




I like to turn all my lights and appliances on and then leave my house then just drive around until I waste an entire tank of gas, usually I will start a forest fire and hijack a tanker truck and crash it into a lake. Yep I go green hardcore during earth hour




The goal is to use as little electricity as possible. Obviously your heat will still be on if you are in a colder area, but turn your lights, TV, and computer off. Play a board game or read a book.




Once more, to do a mental bridge with someone/the ones you love, in view to hug them :)


Human bodies are perfect as an antenna, sender & receiver, within nothing else but our inner energy ~ simple love :)


Just try it; please do it!




We turned all the farm lights off and had a candle dinner in the paddock with friends.Boy it was dark.I gather its no electricity for the whole hour,but we partyed for 4 hours and had a great time.




For one hour, you're supposed to not use electricity, lights, computers, TV, etc.




the point of earth hour is to save as much electricity as you can i'm sure if you watch some tv it will be fine but you should try to watch as little as possible to help our environment




You don't need light for sex. I hope you don't need electricity, either.




lol oikos so true no wonder my partner has been holding out all week hes waiting for tonight cos he knows i'll turn off all electrical stuff im actually just thinking about turning it off completely at the electrical box




i'm charging all my stuff right now (laptop, psp, cellphone) so that i can still do stuff using batteries. Or maybe play some cards and win some money.




yeah!me too duno whether we are allowed to on fan,air-cond or we must off all elertric appliances.....




I won't be doing much different, as I do most of what they are asking now, and always have.




lighting a candle and having a cuddle




I will be arc welding.




Get my head stuck in a book. Yurn on candles, or go for a walk




FAP




When las vegas turns off their lights I'll turn off mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment