Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do you live a no poo lifestyle?

Meaning no more shampoo for your hair?





What did you use instead?





If you did, tell me about it? Did you have a bad transitional period while your hair adjusted to the lack of harsh chemicals? Were you able to stick with it for a long time or did you go back to shampoo?



I changed over to natural herbal products then I tried using just bicarbonate of soda. I live in the countryside but have very long hair. The ends of my hair became too dry so I started using a little olive oil in the shower to 'wash' my hair, last summer. Every few weeks rinsing with white wine vinegar and then cold water for extra glossiness.





I think if you live out of city centers, are patient and have shorter hair styles it is much easier to change. I found the psychological aspect of not washing my hair much more difficult. I expected it to smell horrid and was very conscious of it. It doesn't but I now stroke essential oils into my hair if it is getting dry on the ends as it scents it nicely.





It is generally much better, sometimes I have really fantastic hair days, others bad hair days. I don't ever dry with a hairdryer which can be a little cold in winter. Otherwise, no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment