Monday, July 19, 2010

I

I feel like I look around me and all I see is the destruction of nature and humans out of balance with the the earth. It makes me so sad. I thought going to school as an environmental science major would make me feel empowered but I just feel like we are doomed to kill off our world. It seems that people care more about religion, pop culture, and money than the earth that sustains their very existence. How do I feel better about this. Please only thoughtful and polite answers, this is really bothering me. After years of thinking about it I just feel grief and hopelessness.
If you are saddened by this, then you must try to do something about it. The world can change, even if it is very little, just by the efforts of one person. Get together with some people who share your mind set, and educate others on what we can do to make the world a safer place for all life. We will never get anything accomplished if we sit around and do nothing. Instead of thinking about things, get up and do them. There is a big difference between the two. I am huge on the environment, and yes, it is a large task for one person, but as others see you making an effort, they will join you as well.
Nature takes care of itself. It addapts very well but if we continue to push too hard nature will do what natures dose best and slap us into submission. Tis the nature of things.
Make a difference in your part of the world, neighborhood etc. Then you will start to overcome your sadness. Go forth and do this.
Just know this.



You are not alone.



I agree, there are too many shallow people around.



Whilst I don

No comments:

Post a Comment